Tuesday, November 13, 2007

recognition

So tonight I went to a freshman seminar about relationships. I was just going to see how funny the video was and how they edited me into it. It turned out that I got a lot more out of it than just seeing a funny video.

While I was sitting there watching the video and listening to what the freshman had to say and their responses to questions that were raised, I realized just how much these freshman are just like I was when I was in the position.

Young. Immature. Naive. Unsure. Thinks that everyone should do what they say and believe what they believe.

Now being their RA it is my job to get them to the place where they are truely ready to learn about religion. relationship. life. respect.

How do I do that? How do I go from the person that is learning to the person that is teaching?

I guess the only way to answer that question is to be myself, be intentional, and pray that God will move through me to make a positive impact on the lives of these freshman guys.

God allow me to be transparent so that these guys that I live with will see You shining through me and work on these young men hearts so that they will be willing to see their need for You.

No comments: