Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Thoughts on Steriods

Sorry for the interuption but if you have subscribed to this blog before today please subscribe to this link ( http://feeds.feedburner.com/thethoughtsoftc ) now as I have began to use Feed Burner. Thank You!!.....

I guess my number 1 problem with steriods is the fact that it does damage to the body that someone voluntarily allows someone else to either inject into their body or ingest. Steriods have done so much damage to so many people and that is why it is illegal in the U.S. Also if it is illegal in the U.S., why shouldn't it be illegal in all forms of sports not just professional? I think that every athlete, including high school athletes, should have to be drug tested for a huge range of drugs not just steriods.

Another reason that I have a problem with steriods is that it doesn't really help that much. It is not going to improve your hand eye coordination or your speed. The only thing that steriods do is add muscle mass and neck craters and backne (back acne)(See picture posted for examples of neck craters).

I guess another reason why I have a problem with steriods is that so many athletes have been very successful without using steriods. I mean come on Babe Ruth was one of the greatest players in baseball history and he did it on hot dogs and beer.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Hahaha, I love the Babe Ruth fact!

-Steb- said...

I like the thought on the wrongness of takeing steriods because of the damage it does to the body. I tend to think that the care or the wholness of ones body is just as much a "spiritual" or Christian issue as any other. So then how do we deal with other things that we consume in our culture like caffine, (doc..:)..)processed sugar, et cetera.....????