Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gandhi



The man you see in this picture is Mahatma Gandhi. I knew of this man and a few things that he stood for but we watched a film about him in one of classes for the past few class sessions and I learned so much more about him. The main thing that I learned was his style of leadership. He led by example and never expected his followers to do things that he would not do himself. He, also, knew what he wanted to accomplish and was very very determined to accomplish it. He believed very highly that the best way of getting things done was through non-violence. I think is a good idea but I am afraid by expanding this further it will stir up thoughts that I do not want to stir up with this post. He was willing to sacrifice himself for the causes that he stood for. An example of this was when the muslims and hindus were fighting amongst each other, which something that was the very opposite of what he wanted, he was willing to fast until the fighting stopped. He did this twice and was close to death each time. If you are interested in more information about Gandhi, I have found this website to have a lot of information about this man. ( http://www.mkgandhi.org/ )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i likey the penguinie.

menguinie.

yenguinie.

...

hawkq

Daniel Coutz said...

I liked this movie a lot when I watched it. The things he accomplished without violence or battle is amazing. Just imagine what we who also have the love of Jesus Christ on our side could accomplish.